Saturday, August 2, 2008

Thing #19: Web 2.0 Awards

I took an in-depth look at Zillow, a real estate website. I looked at this one since it caught my interest because within the next year or so I am going to be a first-time home buyer. This website is a lot more interactive than har.com even after har.com's recent improvements. This website does a better job of allowing the user to compare homes. It shows different map views and shows a line graph history of the homes' values. It has a discussion board where users can find information and experiences of buying homes and even discussions about how to utilize the website. I think I'll start using this website.

As an economics teacher I can use this website in a unit about personal finance. Students can use interactive functions like mortgage calculators and see what it takes and see what it costs to own their own home.

Also a side note, I saw a website that I might not be interested in but one for my dad. My dad is by hobby a genealogist and one of the award winners was myheritage.com. He's going to check it out.

No comments: