Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #18: Online Productivity Tools

I looked at Google Docs and it seems like the only advantage of these kind of online tools is the ability to share the documents. Otherwise, it's just as easy to use the Microsoft Office that's already on the computer. It seems like if I wanted to share the documents, I'm guessing that other people might be like me in thinking that I would create the document with the office program that I'm already familiar and comfortable with and turn it into a google doc so I can share it. I probably only need the share feature if there are a lot of people that need to be shared with as well. I'm thinking I could just as easily email the regular document. Unless I want anyone with access to it to be able to change it too. In which case it seems like a wiki page would be in order. I think I would continue to use Office or Adobe programs.

No comments: