Friday, August 1, 2008

Thing #17: Rollyo

This thing was tough for me because I was not sure what sort of search roll would be useful for me. I had a hard time thinking of which websites I would want to put in one or what kind of things I would want to search for. I'm satisfied just searching for whatever I need at the moment from a regular search engine. I can't think of anything I would regularly search for. In the end I just decided the best thing to do would be to think of this as a lesson plan because I do think this would be useful for limiting a student's search parameter like the video by Bruce Goodner said. I put a search roll together that puts the white house and house of representative websites together. I searched earmarks and found a page about earmark reform in the house of representatives. I think this could be a neat tool in the classroom but something I think I'd be unlikely to use personally.

No comments: