Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing #9: Useful Library Related Blogs and News Feeds

I still don't find feeds useful to me personally which may lead to my unsuccessful feelings on this thing. I wasn't really sure what I was looking for in the first place. I'm not sure what blogs after regular reading will help me in the classroom. But here it goes... I found the Google Blog Search the easiest to use. This is perhaps because Google is already a search engine and I appreciated the organized manner in which my searches were presented. Maybe it doesn't count because it wasn't a search tool but browsing the Edublog award winners wasn't really helpful because everything seeemed too broad. I had been using the search term "social studies education" to search for blogs and maybe the issue is that Social Studies is behind Math, Language Arts and Science in all other aspects (i.e. spending, budgets, research literature...) and it including blogs. If I really want interesting things in my feed, it's easiest to just search from Google Reader itself.

No comments: