Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thing #14: Technorati

Viewing the popular searches on technorati proves that I'm not interested in what everybody else is interested in. I did however learn that phweet was a new web application where you could use the phone with twitter friends and that some people who used to work for google are trying to start a new search engine of their own. It seems like the blogosphere consensus is that they released it before they were ready. I went and tried cuil myself and I admit I tried the same searches comparing it to google and I found google more relevant.

I digress though... I should be talking about tagging and technorati. I couldn't really compare the search of "school library learning 2.0" to searching the tags because there wasn't really a tag like that the closest one was web 2.0 and the results were totally different. So I guess you use the search tool when you're looking for something really specific. I would use the tags to browse more casually.

I think as far as tagging goes it was more useful in del.ic.ous because I could tailor the tags to what I want them for. In technorati the website seems to be there to show people what's popular in blogs so if I feel like looking for what's popular in the blogosphere I would check there.

No comments: