Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thing #10: Online Image Generators

Make your own free clipart like this @ www.TXT2PIC.com with free web based tools (hundreds of image generators that run through a web broswer, no software to buy or install).

These are fun. This could be a memorable way to hook a student into something but you have to be careful because it's just fun to waste time on. This particular image came from the Comic Strip Generator. I played with some others that you upload a photo of yourself into but I have to spend some time looking for a photo that I want to put of myself on a magazine cover that announces me as teacher of the year. It's easy to upload the photos to these things but I just don't have any on this particular hard drive that I want to use.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think the comic strip generator could be used to teach kids the elements of grammer and puncuation.

Mamalibearian said...

Let this one "sit" in your mind for a little while. There are numerous ways to use the tools. The kids will play and play with it the first couple of times, but eventually it becomes a better way to do things. Mine love it!

Love to Read said...

I really enjoyed the online image generators too. I ran into some problems where it wanted to charge me for some things. I really think my middle school students would enjoy using these and it can improve their writing skills.

Unknown said...


www.ImageGenerator.org has thousands of online image makers to play with. Create pics with your text, digital photos or live webcam!